TUFF-TREK ® OVERLAND MK2 Roof Tent
Using the lessons learned over years of roof tent production, we created the new TUFF-TREK ® OVERLAND Series MK2 aluminium hard shell roof tent.
This super tough 2x person hard shell roof tent is hand-made in South Africa but designed for EU climates/conditions, not just sunny African and Australian conditions. One of the key features is strong aluminium construction, with a unique STORM AWN, designed to protect from driven rain and high winds, and improved cover over the side doors.
Featuring a very high capacity, streamlined aluminium shell, with Safari Grade 400g RIPTECH canvas and a spacious but aerodynamic new aluminium shell, OVERLAND MK2 has been designed from scratch to offer quick, easy-to-use setup and lots of interior space for a couple and their bedding.
The built-in insulation (roof and below mattress) makes the tent cool in summer and warm in winter and can easily be removed if not required.
Built-in LED lighting and charge points let you keep your phone/iPad topped up whilst you rest.
More interior space (store bedding inside when closed)
- Higher Opening lid (Headroom = 152cm)
- Rugged textured Grey Black Finish, 100% Aluminium Shell
- Carry upto 50kg loads on the roof
HIDDEN GAS STRUTS:
- Gas struts hidden inside the shell (when closed)
- Protection from damage, weather conditions
- Streamlined Appearance
Integrated Charge point (phones/tablets) & LED light
- Anderson connector underneath tent – connect vehicle power
Much larger, extra covered area, protection from wind driven rain
- Provides shelter over side windows and ladder – as well as rear
- Unique new design – 4x window rods – reduce flapping in windy conditions
External MOLLE style metal plates
- Provides IMPACT Protection on corners/sides
- Doubles up as mounting points for equipment
Closed Shell: 225cm L x 145cm W / Closed Height: 20cm (front) x 30cm (Rear)
- Open Height: Shell 159cm / Internal 154cm
- Mattress Size: 130cm Wide x 210cm Long, 70mm Thick
- Weight 83kg approx. (ladder 4kg)
Do I need a Roof Rack?
- No – OVERLAND MK2 can be mounted on 2x roof bars (75kg minimum load rating)
- Can also be mounted using our new Z Rails – £175 Pair (1.6m long)
Can I attach CARGO to the OVERLAND MK2 Roof?
- Yes – OVERLAND mk2 can take 50kg roof loads
- Includes 2m long roof rails, fits M8 Bolts / Eyelets
Are there different colours?
- OVERLAND MK2 is only available in Textured Grey Shell with Grey Fabric and Black Trim